Introducing the Make Your Way Program
The Make Your Way (MYWay) program is an exciting new workforce development initiative that has two essential and important objectives:
- to provide a pipeline of fresh talent for DuPage County employers, in these industries and occupations: Manufacturing, Logistics, Hospitality, and Office & Clerical, and
- to address unemployment among young adults by guiding them onto good career paths.
How the MYWay Program Works
We recruit eligible 18 to 24 year olds and educate them about the good career paths that are available to them. Interested young adults then undertake three to five weeks of intensive training which includes:
- presentations given by area employers,
- tours of actual work environments,
- workplace readiness & soft skills training, and
- completion of certifications appropriate to the industry.
The program culminates by placing the participants in paid internships at area employers. The internships are paid entirely by DuPage County, who is the employer of record.
How Your Company Can Participate
- Host one or more of the young trainees in an internship, and/or
- Participate in the five week training course by giving a presentation and/or hosting a tour at your place of business.
The Benefit to Your Business
No Cost to Your Business:Internships are paid for entirely by DuPage County, who is the employer of record.
Provides a Pipeline of Talent: We do all of the recruiting and candidate preparation.
Learn More About the MYWay Program
To learn how your company can become a partner in this workforce development program, please contact either:
Ron Schlager: email@example.com
Training, Connecting, and Developing the Workforce of DuPage County.